See what others are saying about us.
Jay and his crew are absolute professionals – they’re very keen to walk through every step with you to make sure it’s exact to your specifications, check in on any concerns, and are very careful with each element of the process.
My spouse and I had a gigantic unmanaged yard – that was SUNKEN, with no way to get in machinery. Working with Jay, we figured out a way to remove part of our fence, put in topsoil to make a ramp to get down their Bobcat (which they maneuvered past the few fragile things we had planted in our yard with the kind of skill that professional gamers and precision drivers should envy). They put in greatly expanded deck and new walkway (totally matching the style of bricks that had been there before), added three massive new planting beds (and Jay pitched in helping me move my older beds to a new safe place!), and turned that topsoil hill into a gentle slope for planting, ringed by beautiful slate boulders. People stop by and comment excitedly on how good everything looks – and we don’t even have anything PLANTED yet!
And all this work – precision, care, and special touches – was done in FOUR DAYS. Jay and his crew work carefully but they don’t let it push out their due-by date.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend JM. I saw a couple reviews on here with one-star harping that they didn’t get back to them, but seriously – JUST CALL AGAIN! Or email! I promise you if they’re ever a little hard to get a hold of, it’s because they’re in-demand for their excellent work. Be patient, reach out, and Jay will get a hold of you to meet and talk stuff over. And hopefully, you’ll end up with something you’re excited about and happy with, just like I did.
My wife and I used JM Landscaping earlier this year to rescue our mess of a backyard in time for the spring and summer seasons. We couldn’t be happier with the work that Jay and his crew did. Why is that?
1. We didn’t really know exactly what we wanted done in the backyard, just that what was currently there wasn’t working (steep grade, resulting in pockets of mud and water forming). We explained the situation to him and after surveying the landscape Jay came up with some great ideas of how to make the space work (which we generally adopted wholesale). He struck the right balance between advising us on what would work without telling us what to do.
2. During the project we changed a few minor things on them, which were accommodated with no problems.
3. The crew was courteous and professional. They showed up on time every day. They did their jobs quickly and efficiently. When they made a mistake (left a gate open which ripped off in a windstorm) they apologized and took care of it with no questions asked.
4. Throughout the course of the project, Jay would ask for our feedback in case we wanted to change anything. If for some reason he thought something should be changed (e.g., did some work and realized it would be better to do things differently for better results) he brought that up with us so we could make those adjustments.
5. The price was fair and reasonable for the work that was done. The work was also completed ahead of schedule by a couple of days.
We were so pleased with the quality of the work that we added on an additional side project during the course of the main project. We would happily recommend JM Landscaping to anyone looking for landscaping work.
Jay did my retaining wall, fence and patio last month. He responds quickly and his crew were always on time. We are very pleased with our backyard. I would contact him again if we ever have another project!
I contacted JM Landscaping to have my driveway paved with paver bricks. They gave a very reasonable quote out of the three businesses I contacted. Jay is very professional and friendly, and gave many useful advice on how the driveway would look after the job was done.
I had a plastic storage shed on the original site. Not only did they relocate the shed to my yard, they also built a gravel base with cinder block trim for its now location for no extra charge. The job was completed on time and the site was left in a clean and tiny state. The crew was always on time and professional.
As a homeowner, I work with quite a few contractors and service providers. JM Landscaping stands out as the most professional and skilled. I will definitely come back for future work on my property.
We bought a house with a crazy jungle of vines and weeds where the yard was supposed to be – a friend referred us to JM Landscaping, and we immediately got in touch with them, scheduled a consultation, and got a price estimate. We called several other companies, but everyone quoted us a much higher price, and a timeframe for the project that was significantly longer then what JM was promising.
We settled on JM – they showed up at the crack of dawn on the first day (and every day after), and got to work. They were extremely respectful of our property and our neighbors, and kept their workspace clean and uncluttered.
The crew did outstanding work, and finished the total transformation of our yard in just over a week! We are deeply grateful for their work, and for the way they treated us, our property and our neighbors throughout the project. They were friendly and attentive, and left us with a stunning, beautiful and useful space that we will enjoy for many years to come.
We would not hesitate to recommend their services to anyone, and will contact them again if we ever need landscaping, yard or fence work in the future. Thank you JM Landscaping!